Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weaving Paper

The children have been demonstrating plenty of concentration while completing this weaving activity.  They take such care to place the paper (weft) 'over, and under, over and under' the weaving strips.  A deep sense of pride can be felt with the completion of this lesson which is the finest result of all!

Colored paper for weaving; basket with glue and pencil; white paper cut with slits for weaving

The student chooses a few pieces of colored paper and brings them to a table along with the other materials.    After weaving the strips of papers, the ends are glued in place with the glue stick.




Soon, I would like to set up an activity using yarn (I think it would tie in well with our South American studies…).  I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. The article is very interesting and nice, I hope you can also visit my website to thank you!

    ReplyDelete