Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another Week in October

I can hardly believe that October is more than half way over!  This week, we have certainly felt the cycle of seasons as the kids have been enjoying our 'Fall Reflections' art project and 'October' poem - if you are a parent of one of my students, be sure to ask your child about the October poem! :)  Here are a few pictures from our week:

Teen Beads and Board

Enjoying our Fall Reflection art.

More Pink Tower exploration.

Several students were ready for Static Addition with Golden Beads!
  
Reading our 'October' poem.

Working with the third box of Color Tablets - grading varying shades of color.

A lesson with phonograms- 'sh'

Brown Stair activity.

Using the Puzzle Map of North America.

Pre-writing practice with water and rocks.

Land/Air/Water cut and paste activity.

A Sensorial lesson with the Touch Boards.

Fine motor and letter matching practice.

Calendar and number writing.

Binomial Cube puzzle.

Sound/No Sound lesson.

Practical Life:  Metal Polishing.
Matching number symbol to quantity with the Number Rods and Cards.

Weaving with seasonal ribbons.

Looking at pictures on our Continent Folder for Asia.

Number writing practice with the Sandpaper Numbers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sasha,
    I would like to buy the material for the weaving you have on the picture, can you please tell me the name of the white thing to buy it for my students and my kids.
    Thanks a lot Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a kitchen wire rack - I think you can find it in kitchen organization...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your blog, Sasha. I would love to open a little Montessori school someday, but I haven't even had any training yet, so that is still a pipe-dream. However, I am trying to homeschool my daughters using as many Montessori materials as is possible on my budget. Your blog has been so helpful and gives me hope that, perhaps, someday I will be where you are now! I have tons of questions, though. Could I possibly e-mail you to ask a few?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, please do! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete